Pages

6/29/12

In Bryant Park

Arrived at Bryant Park early
Because I misjudged the time
Like I have misjudged many things
I find the only open green chair and try unsuccessfully to blend in
Two German women behind me are struggling with English
Figuring out the difference between lend and borrow
And the challenge of s and z sounds
Can we ever get rid of our accents?
Don't think about it
Le Carrousel is turning
Just one lazy young passenger on an immense frightened rabbit
Her bored father looks on
He appears tired and trapped
We lock eyes for a moment then break away, embarrassed
Lovers on the lawn kiss
They aren't wearing watches
Are they on schedule and bound by the expectations of unread email?
I wonder if adults are allowed on the carrousel
And at what price

© Poem Fix http;//www.poemfix.com 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment