Pages

7/4/12

Left and Right


If I never make a left turn
I will experience less worry
Fewer accidents
And I will wait less in traffic
Money hoarded
But the safety and savings
Will be offset by
My lack of daring
The waiting at a light
Inching into the intersection
Hunting for my turn
Guessing if there is enough room
Hoping the traffic will stop on yellow
A left turn never provides the right of way
Always wrong
Risking everything
Still, encountering and luxuriating in the unexpected
A life well lived, perhaps
But the right turn provides confidence
Soundness
Steadiness
Dizziness and unevenly worn tires
Both will bring me to the same destination
The comfort of the right
The peril of the left
And the awareness to understand the difference

© Poem Fix http;//www.poemfix.com 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment