Pages

10/10/12

Password

I forget my password.
All my data, information, websites, life,
Irretrievable.
Why can't I remember it?
It is specific and unique to me,
Sad.
I try all my usual passwords.
None of them work.
Letter and number combinations,
Old addresses and phone numbers,
Names of favorite fictional characters.
Useless.
I recall that it was a meaningful word phrase,
The first letters of words in a long sentence
I would never forget.
Why can't I remember it?
Is it because nothing is meaningful to me?
That my life has been reduced to a sentence that isn't worth evocation?
Pathetic.
Reduced to a feeble living existence that can
No longer be measured.
Not even a simple catch phrase or nursery rhyme.
Unable to define myself,
I panic and worry I'm not worthy and
May not exist.

© Poem Fix http://www.poemfix.com 2012
Photo: Poem Fix

No comments:

Post a Comment